.. subcription
    .. rss channels
    .. press releases
    .. contacts


            june 25, 2019

.. in english  .. по-русски  .. latviski    

LKW Walter

TransKazakhstan2019

Busworld

  .. sitemap ..


  .. publications ..


  .. news ..


  .. advertisement ..





LKW Walter Rus
LKW Walter
VIA LATVIA
 
  .. partners ..

Indiaexportnews.com

CRBC expressed interest in the construction of the new container terminal in Rijeka

  22.05.2019    

The Chinese consortium comprising Ningbo Port and the China Road and Bridge Company (CRBC), which is currently building the Peljesac Bridge in Croatia, is one of the seven companies from Europe, the Middle East and the Far East that have expressed interest in the construction of the new container terminal in Rijeka.
The Rijeka Port Authority director Denis Vukorepa, who has not identified the seven companies vying for the contract, said that after analysing the documents received all seven applicants (or perhaps fewer, depending on the quality of their references and project visions) will be invited to send their final bids for a 50-year concession. The estimated value of the concession (excluding VAT) is HRK20.5 billion (US$3.08 billion).
"These are respectable port terminal operators. We are very pleased because we were hoping for such a response. It turned out that this transport route is very interesting," said Mr Vukorepa. The first stage of the concession process formally concluded last week, and the plan is to sign a contract for the Zagreb Deep Sea terminal by the end of September, reports Total Croatia News.
The tender is looking for a concessionaire for the performance of construction works and the provision of services, with the obligation of investing about EUR70 to EUR80 million euro in the construction of the terminal which is now 400 metres long and was partially built as part of the project with the World Bank and the European Union.
During the recent visit by the Chinese prime minister to Croatia, it was announced that Chinese companies were interested in the concession, but Mr Vukorepa did not want to comment on this information.
The intention is to build the Zagreb Deep Sea terminal in the second phase up to a total length of 680 metres. If the concessionaire is not interested in this, the concession would be reduced to 30 years.
The Port Authority is offering to the concessionaire a ten-year exclusivity, meaning that no new capacities for container shipment would be built during that period. The new terminal, with a depth of 20 metres, will be able to receive ultra-large container ships.
The Port Authority says the ports of the northern Adriatic will reach their maximum capacity by the next year. The new terminal will be able to handle more than 400,000 TEU per year in the first phase, and at least 800,000 to one million TEU annually when it reaches full capacity, foreseen for 2030.



.. search ..