For the second consecutive month, the decline in AirFrance KLM traffic (-2.9%) in August 2009 was well below the reduction in capacity (-4.2%). The load factor gained 1.1 points to 84.8%. The group carried 6.6 million passengers (-3.8%). The reduction in capacity put a stop to the deterioration in unit revenues.
- On the Americas network traffic fell 4.9% with capacity down 6.8%. The load factor gained 1.8 points to 89.0%.
- The Asia network showed a slight improvement with a decline in traffic of just 2.7% for capacity reduced by 5.2%. The load factor gained 2.3 points to 88.1%.
- On the Africa and Middle East network, traffic rose by 3.3% with capacity up by 4.6%. The load factor dropped 1.1 points to 85.6%.
- Traffic on the Caribbean and Indian Ocean network fell 0.9% with capacity down slightly (-0.2%). The load factor stood at 81.5% (-0.5 points).
- On the European network the load factor rose 1.1 points with a 4.7% decline in traffic, less than the reduction in capacity of 6.1%.
The decline in traffic (-16.1%) was slightly below the reduction in capacity (-16.9%), leading to a mild improvement in load factor to 63.5%, thereby confirming the stabilization of this activity observed in the past few months.