.. subcription
    .. rss channels
    .. press releases
    .. contacts


            october 22, 2017

.. in english  .. по-русски  .. latviski    

LKW Walter

CILF 2017


  .. sitemap ..


  .. publications ..


  .. news ..


  .. advertisement ..


Busworld 2017


LSEZ
LDz Cargo
Liepaja
 
  .. partners ..

Indiaexportnews.com

Majority of late container deliveries due to vessels not being on time

  12.06.2012    

The latest issue of SeaIntel Sunday Spotlight looks at the difference between global vessel reliability and the global delivery of containers, Exim News Service reports.
The schedule reliability is based on SeaIntel Maritime Analysis’ comprehensive monthly database tracking all vessels on main deep-sea routes globally. For 2012 year-to-date, it is found that 79.1 per cent of all vessel arrivals have been timely when measured within a window of +/-1 day. Reliability is measured against the carriers’ proforma schedules.
At the same time, it has analysed INTTRA’s global data comprising more than 800,000 container status messages per day. This dataset shows that containers are delivered timely 64.7 per cent of the time. Timely delivery of a container is measured against the date stated on the booking acceptance.
It is observed that the majority of late deliveries are due to the vessels being late—but only just. The numbers show that 59 per cent of late container deliveries are due to the vessels not being on time; however, the remaining 41 per cent have been delayed due to other factors such as missed transhipments, rolled containers, gate-in too late, etc.
This shows that in order for the industry to improve reliability in the supply chain, almost as much focus needs to be accorded to the processes around the shipment as to the actual operations of the vessels themselves.



.. search ..